Every woman dreads that time of the month! If you’re like me, and literally always know when it’s coming, the countdown can literally cause you anxiety that can get overbearing as each day passes. The pain that most women – like me – go through every single month honestly feels like a punishment. A punishment for deciding to wait until your ‘coint’ and wedding ring are tight…
Women are always looking for solutions to cure or stop the pain that comes with our periods, so when Deep Heat sent me a couple of their products, including the Deep Heat Period Pain Patch to review, I was super excited because I thought; this could be the solution I was looking for to cure my recurring nightmare!
What the Deep Heat Period Pain Patch promises:
- Long lasting deep penetrating heat therapy, providing soothing relief from muscular pain and menstrual cramps for up to twelve hours
- It is air-activated, applies directly to the skin, and begins heating as soon as it’s opened
- Offers discreet comfort, can be worn unnoticed under clothing as you go about your daily routine
- The patch can be effortlessly removed without discomfort.
What I loved:
- If there’s anything that I loathe during that time of the month, it’s odours, and the patch has none, so this was a huge plus!
- It is incredibly easy to apply. You literally open the pouch, remove the protective film, and apply the patch directly to your abdomen. Yes, that’s it!
- My period arrived a bit later in the day, so I put on the patch in the evening right before I went to sleep. The heat almost immediately started putting me at ease. The more it heated, the less pain I felt. It is so soothing and made me feel a lot more comfortable.
- It is very secure. I enjoyed the fact that I didn’t need to worry about it slipping off during the course of the night.
- Although the pain didn’t completely go away, I definitely slept much better than I ever have, since I started getting period pains.
What I didn’t like:
- The patch itself doesn’t go all over your lower abdomen. I wish that it was at least slightly longer, so that it can cover most of the abdomen. At one point, I moved it to the other side of my abdomen, so as to warm up and soothe everywhere.
You can get the Deep Heat Period Pain Patch at Clicks stores, Shoprite, Checkers, and Pick n Pay. Each patch retails at R21,99.
Deep Heat also has Neck and Joint Patches, Warming Belt Patches and many other products that offer pain relief. If you’d like to find out more about Deep Heat and their whole product line, visit their website for more information: Deep Heat SA
Try it out and let me know if it worked for you.